TFTT/DAG Combat Casualty Care Course (TBD)

First Aid Kits, Advanced Medical Kits, Dealing with Field Hygiene
PBF
Operator
Re: TFTT/DAG Combat Casualty Care Course (TBD)

Post by PBF » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:35 am

The combat life saver class I took was 3 days long and done over the course of a weekend and a half.
Do you want a comprehensive class or something quick?

opfor
tactical nylon fetishist

Post by opfor » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:16 pm

3 8-hour days? Could we condense it to 2-10 hour days?

So here's the CLS course plan I found: https://www.mtu.edu/arotc/cadet-portal/ ... _Study.pdf

1. Intro
2. Evaluation
3. Airway
4. Pneumothorax
5. Bleeding
6. Saline Lock
7. Medical Card
8. Medevac
9. Skeds and Litters

I think we can probably skip Saline Lock and IV administration because that's simply equipment we don't have, I think it would be cool to have the information in there, however as far as a normal scope of practice that's even above EMT-B. I still tend to think it would be an excellent skill to cultivate, but since the equipment is unavailable we can probably drop that section. (I don't know if you care to comment on how involved it was)

We can drop the Medical Card portion, again, it doesn't really apply, instead we should probably come up with our own casualty card (I know there are COTS ones out there) and cover that class ourselves.

We don't have medevac, and if we are calling 911 and give them a 9-line, they'll probably think we're out of our goddamn minds and hang up. This is probably a portion of the class we would be best off doing on our own as it's more a radio thing anyways, also at the moment, we are not really conforming to the nato voice procedure set and have our own.

Skeds and Litters, again, this is something we don't have. Given the topics of the improvised litters, this is probably something we would be best off developing on our own or as part of a self study at taco tuesday. I suppose one of the options is, we could make our own SKEDs, but I don't think any of us want to spring the $600 for one. I think for the moment, we can probably drop this.
OPFOR - Moderator of the Moderated.

PBF
Operator

Post by PBF » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:38 pm

IVs and saline locks were taken out of Combat Life Saver.
....something about 18 year olds stabbing each other with needles I'd assume.

Let me see what we can do. I think it can be done in 2 days. I just didn't want anyone to assume this was going to be a one evening class.

opfor
tactical nylon fetishist

Post by opfor » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:07 pm

I think the original class I posted was a 4-hour class. Seemed awfully short to me, I guess you could get away with a First Aid class in that time. I remember the CLS course was 24 hours, but we're cutting out about half of the curriculum. Even at 12 hours, that's still a bit much for a single day.
OPFOR - Moderator of the Moderated.