Forum Improvements

Announcements related to the administration of the forum. Rules changes, and Administrative actions.
Trashpanda
Warlord

Forum Improvements

Post by Trashpanda » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:35 pm

So I have now added a functional "most recent post" section to the forum header, so you know not only who the most recent poster was, but what the topic was. Since installing the board, I really have no idea why this wasn't a functionality that already existed in the board software, it seems like a major oversight, but with a little bit of how-to documentation I managed to get it done. After a bit of confusion I was able to get it working. For reference, if at any point in the future this doesn't prove to be a durable upgrade (I'm going to be upgrading the board software relatively soon) this is the documentation I used: https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... -to-index/
Lord Trashpanda - High Priest/Chief Spam Catcher, Giver of the Law.

Trashpanda
Warlord

Re: Forum Improvements

Post by Trashpanda » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:00 pm

The next thing I've been embarking on is the addition of a weekly digest, at the moment I believe I have it set to send on thursdays, and by default it's on a weekly timer. I may change this to a monday-execution. So everyone know's what's going to be going on that week (including tuesdays).

At the moment, there seems to be some issues with the board sending registration e-mails, this is obviously a problem, however I can manually confirm users at the moment. I'm currently looking into this issue. This may also affect the digest e-mails, they were working when I originally set things up, but I'm still testing and looking into it.

Trashpanda
Warlord

Re: Forum Improvements

Post by Trashpanda » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:46 pm

After fighting all morning with various implementations of phpbb, and a number of other factors, PHPBB has now been upgraded to the most current version. I have also added both the chatbox functionality, as well as the weekly digests. At the moment, unless there are members who have specific requests I think I'm done with the board for a while. The next major project is going to be re-organizing the forums a bit to make them more streamlined. Things in some ways are a bit granular, with multiple layers of sub-forum. This is just obnoxious and can make it difficult to know what's going on.

For the moment, I hope you like how this is going so far. If you don't like the digests, you are free to turn them off in the user control panel.